Today my grandmother Evelyn Adella Bury Hempkins went to be with her creator after 93 wonderful years on this earth. After reflecting on the last fews months it dawned on me that the month I became pregnant was the same month my grandmother had a fall that would eventually weaken her system. It's amazing how God can produce life and and at the same time call one of his beloved home. I can't tell you how many people have told me our good news has come at a time when so many people have needed it most and I feel it couldn't be more true for me. Yesterday morning we got to hear our little one's heart literally pounding away, fast and strong at 165 beats per min. It amazes me to know at the same time my grandmother's was pounding softer, slower, and weaker - this moment has truly shown me the gift AND the circle of life. I praise our Heavenly Father for the many memories I have of her and the smiles and laughs and feel so grateful that we were able to share our great news with her before her passing. I know she'll be watching over me as I start this new adventure of motherhood and I look forward to instilling the values she taught our family into my own.
The video below was taken the first time we heard babywat's heartbeat.
Thinking of you today (Monday). I know your grandmother was so proud of you and will love getting to watch your little one grow up while being with her love in heaven!
ReplyDeleteOh sweet friend, I am so sorry for your loss. What a sweet gift though that you were able to tell her about baby Wat. I loved what you wrote...beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it so amazing to hear the heartbeat. Our Creator is knitting your sweet baby together. Love!